Learn 10 Innovation Challenges Entrepreneurs and Product Leaders Face
In a previous post, I discussed the top 10 questions entrepreneurs and product leaders should ask before they build products. Now that you've answered those 10 questions, built your product, and found product/market fit. How do you continue product innovation?
How do you disrupt a market or change an industry? Easy right? Innovation is a big buzz word. To succeed with innovation, make sure you understand 10 challenges that stop product innovation.
Top 10 Innovation Challenges
1. Weak product management function
2. Weak user experience function
3. Inside out thinking (not enough time outside of the office with target audience)
4. No product discovery process
5. Missing product discovery team collaboration
6. Stake holder driven roadmap
7. Not utilizing engineering early enough
8. Lack of holistic view (whole product focus)
9. Focus on product features, not use cases and business results
10. Missing the rapid test and learn product culture
Of course there might be more challenges that stop product innovation, but I think this is a good start. Your goal is to build a product or service that resonates. A product that is so tuned in to your market that it sells itself. You take strong product innovation and combine it with strong messaging, product distribution, and high-performance marketing—you're cooking with gas.