Learn the 10 Questions You Should Ask as You Build Product
Successful companies build products that solve pervasive problems that people are willing to buy. Whether you're an entrepreneur or product manager inside a fortune 100 company, let me suggest ten questions you should ask prior to your build.
10 Questions to Ensure Successful Products
1. Is my product compelling to our target audience?
2. Is my product as easy to use as humanly possible?
3. Will the product beat the competition?
4. Can I explain the product differentiation in less than a minute?
5. Will the product actually deliver on its promise?
6. Can users get their problem solved by a cheaper product elsewhere?
7. How and where will users buy this product?
8. Is the product worth the price we charge for it?
9. How will people find out about our product?
10. Are there emerging technologies that could replace my product in the future?
These ten questions will help guide your product development process. The best products in the world solve real problems with simple solutions people are willing to buy. So your goal is to validate your product concept and its value hypothesis prior to build or investment. Validated value from your target customer will be key to your product's success.
What other product questions would you add to the list?